The day you have all been waiting for! Challenge day #1 is here. This is a fun family challenge that might open your eyes a bit and will certainly bring some fun and laughter too.
What you will need
- A timer – a clock, stopwatch, oven buzzer, or some other timer that you can use to mark 5 minutes.
- A place to gather – family room or living room are good places
- All family members – this makes it more fun when everyone joins in.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes
- Start the timer and tell everyone to go and gather what they need to bring for 3 days away from home
- Everyone return to the meeting place with their items before the timer rings
- You cannot use your current 72hourkit
- Use a 72hour checklist (like this one) to evaluate your pile of gathered items
- Pay attention to what the little ones brought – it is important to include a favorite toy or comfort item when these little guys are going to be displaced and confused about what is happening.
- Update your 72 Hour checklist to include important items
- Inventory your current 72hour kits and be sure to update their contents as needed. (check for expired items, fresh batteries, etc.)
- Feel good about keeping your to-go bag up to date.